Thursday, December 06, 2007

Good News! And We Have a Winner!

My camera has been FOUND! Oh joy of joys, it's back. And a good thing, too, because as I mentioned before, it had some ultra-important pictures on it that I could not bear to lose!

Like this one, for example:

That's the paperwhite bulb I mentioned before, pre-bloom. I did not get a picture of it blooming. *pout* That's when my camera was lost, in case you didn't know. Did you know my camera was lost? Anyhow, friend and women's group member Martha gave us each two at the last grrrl's gathering, to help us through the long winter! Thanks Martha!

And this one:

I told you I can't drive more than 2 miles without pulling over and taking pictures, didn't I? Well, it's true. I got places a lot faster this week while my camera was lost. The kids might take up temporary-camera-loss as a practice, at least on those days where we have to be somewhere they want to go.

This shot was taken down my road, while I took food to my cousin who just had a baby. The lighting that night was just lovely, and I made the wise decision to take the scenic route. (She lives all of 2.5 miles away.)

And then there was this shot. I can't help but take about 14 dozen photos of my nephew Armando each time he visits. He's just that darn cute. And quite the artist, you see!


And here is my hero. This is the first picture I took after my reunion with my camera.


**((My Jonathan))**

The look on his face as he slowly withdrew the camera from our fabric-paints totebag was so cute!


I told him he's now my favorite 11 yr old. But I think he already knew that.

***

Now for the even better news - bonnyjane is the contest winner! She correctly googled guessed "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum"! That's the musical I was in, cast as a courtesan. Oh the fun we had! The song "I'm Calm" was sung by Hysterium, who was trying to juggle about a dozen things before his master returned. Here he is, dressed as a bride to fool the captain:


Anyhoo, bonnyjane, you contest-winner-you, email me at piscesgrrl(at)aeroinc(dot)net and I'll mail you your book!

And many thanks to everyone who sent "oh sh*t, I hate it when that happens" "find your camera NOW" vibes my way! It worked.

***

p.s. Is it wrong to be a little sad that I don't get a new camera? Oh the tangle of emotions!

p.s. I looked in that totebag. Twice.

p.p.s. It was the only bag I did not turn upside down.

p.p.p.s. I don't know why.

p.p.p.p.s. Maybe because subconsciously I wanted a new camera?

p.p.p.p.p.s. That would be very lame of me.

p.p.p.p.p.p.s. But not entirely out of character.

p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. But I didn't lose it on purpose, I swear.

p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. I didn't consciously lose it, that is. Just maybe didn't conciously look in the right place.

p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. I'm done now.

p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. I'm emotionally exhausted.

p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.p.s. I think I need a nap.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for visiting.
So glad you found your camera, well that HE found your camera!!
Woo Hoo!!
Sorry you don't get a new one, but just think of the money you're saving.
Oh well.
Thanks for the laughs on the post scripts!
Congratulations to Bonnyjane!
my darlin' little friend Judith Shakespeare at theonlythingiknow.com designed the page for me :-)

EC said...

Yay!!! I'm happy you found it and it's okay to be a little sad about not getting a new one, too!

Congrats to bonnyjane on her win. I also googled it but didn't come up with that answer. She's a better googler than me and I bow to her superior skillz. :)

Anonymous said...

Actually, google was a last resort. I asked a several people if they knew, but accidently gave them ALL the wrong clue. Very embarrassing! Anyway, I do feel like a bit of a cheater... but ironically I was going to buy "Women who Run..." this weekend and for some *strange* reason did not. How bizarre!

piscesgrrl said...

rachel - I visited judith's blog after your shout-out to her; she's a hoot!

whimsigal - what did you google? I googled it and "Forum" came up as #2, so I figured someone would win it immediately.

bonnyjane - are you serious? you were going to buy it? that is WAY cool then. you were meant to have this book - and from me!

EC said...

I typed, "I'm calm, I'm calm, I'm perfectly calm" and got some magnets on ebay, your blog, and now that I know what I'm looking for I see the lyrics but google didn't highlight the specific part I typed in so I skipped it. Again, I must yield to bonnyjane and her followthrough. (sigh) Had I clicked on the link it may have been a whole different ball game.

As you said though, it was kismet! Bonnyjane was meant to have that book!