Friday, March 13, 2009

A Different Perspective - in Photos

I realize in trying to relay my conflicted feelings about the other day - the 3rd anniversary of my father's death and the day my soon-to-be step-brother welcomed his first child into the world - I rambled on and possibly didn't make a whole lot of sense. Adding to my sense of confusion was life swirling around me in strange ways: the dog needing to go in and out, in and out, in and freaking out already; Jonathan calling from his friend's house and asking me to bring a Q-tip when I picked him up because his ear felt funny; my brother texting about an old acquaintance who died (much too young as well) but about whom no one seems to have the details. There's definitely a sense of unrest in the air.

So I'm going to let my nephew Armando explain it. In pictures.

When one first considers the symbolism of a new baby being born - the granddaughter of my mom's new fiance - on the 3rd anniversary of my father's death, one might at first think,


"I don't want to talk about it."

Or, one might even think,
"This is a stupid day and you can't make me think about it."

Upon further reflection, however, the significance of the events may begin to sink in, causing one to think,
"WHOA."
"That IS pretty crazy."

"Some things stop, other things begin."

"And in the end, all there is is love."
Thanks Armando.

5 comments:

Madeline Rains said...

:) Awesome!

debra said...

Amen to that!

Pi said...

apparently one does not need to be old to be wise...

piscesgrrl said...

Ah, I believe we have much to learn from our wee wise ones....

Anonymous said...

LOVE this! :O)

Chris