Monday, February 02, 2009

We're Pretty Forward Like That - All 6 of Us

So on Friday night I hosted a Meet-and-Greet so my siblings and I could meet our new soon-to-be step-siblings.

And since our mom and their dad sprang the whole engagement thing on us quite out of the blue...

They weren't invited to the Meet-and-Greet.

We all figured it's much easier to talk freely and frankly about people when they're not present. And it was.
Let's just say there was no beating around the bush at this party.

5 comments:

K. said...

That completely rocks.

Stephanie said...

Set your Mama's ears on fire, did you?
I hope you had a nice time!

debra said...

Ahhhh----no wonder you were tired :-)

piscesgrrl said...

Well, maybe a bit of ears on fire... but it was an interesting back-and-forth of "Yes, my mom really does love to cook for people. All the time" and "You need to know my dad is genuinely a good guy, a really good guy" like we were pitching their strengths to the other team. And then there was a bit of that "darn parents" thing. Oh, and then there was the blood oath. And the "what happens at the Brady Bunch meet-up, stays at the Brady Bunch meet-up."

denise said...

Smart lady, you are. My mom still won't admit to me that her boyfriend has proposed, we don't know who his family is, and she won't tell us their names or invite us to any of his (weekly) family events. hmmmmm. ;)